Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Recipe: Parmesan Upside Down Baked Potatoes

Please join my list of Linky and Google friends when you visit my blog!
Thank you!
I found this recipe on Facebook and tried it out tonight.  It is delicious!  I will definitely be making these again in the future.  I did not use red potatoes but Maine potatoes and they came out great.  I also poured a bit of olive oil over the top of the potatoes in addition to the melted butter.  
This is how they looked before going into the oven.
Parmesan Upside Down Baked Potatoes 

Ingredients: 
7 red potatoes, washed and cut in half
2-3 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
garlic powder
sea salt
pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 400'.  Melt butter in bottom of 9x13 glass (pyrex) pan

2. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and seasonings over the butter.  Place potatoes, cut side down, and 
sprinkle more seasonings on top of potatoes.

3.  Bake 40-45 mins. or until cooked through.  Allow to cool in pan for 5 mins. before serving.  
Coming out of the oven after 45 minutes, the potatoes were bubbly and after resting for about 10 minutes they looked like this.  The Parmesan cheese had firmed up a bit and formed somewhat of a crust on top of the halved potatoes.  
I served them along with a butterflied, boneless leg of lamb and roasted carrots and onions and it all made for a tasty dinner!
  I am linking to most of these BLOG PARTIES 

12 comments:

Vashtiqvega43 said...

Hello! That recipe looks really scrumptious! I'm going to pin it! Thank you for sharing!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Always looking for variations for potatoes. These look scrumptious! Can't wait to try them. Wondering if you used fresh Parmesan or the kind in the shaker bottle? Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Unknown said...

yum! those look so good! i am going to have to try these asap!! thanks for sharing!!

Teri said...

Your potatoes look amazing! I am always looking for new ways to prepare them. They are one of my favorite side dishes. Love that you used parmesan cheese! I can't wait to try this!
I would love if you would share this at my blog party, Celebrate It! It is all about celebrating the everyday things in life!

http://thefreshmancook.blogspot.com/2014/10/celebrate-it-blog-party-12.html

Anonymous said...

These look so yummy! I might try them tonight. If not tonight then soon! Thanks for sharing, great pictures too!

itsamistry said...

ohhh that looks lovely I might have to try that recipe. Anita (past present future) #creativemondays

Kathy said...

This looks absolutely delicious! So delighted that you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Claire Justine said...

Whoo these look tasty :)

Thanks for linking up #Wednesdaybloghop

Jennifer Sestak said...

Oh my goodness! Those look delicious!

Unknown said...

wow! I must try but after I eat that yummy recipes I must run like 20 miles! Thaks for sharing.

Tante Mali said...

Yummmmiieee, and now I'm hungry! Looks so delicious! Thank you!
Have fun and all my best from Austria
Elisabeth

Claire Justine said...

Thanks again for sharing at the hop, featuring and pinned your post at today's blog hop :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Subscribe Now

click to learn how-don't be missing out !!

sitemeter